Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Keeping the walls dry







Work begins with the builder: The Church must breathe again, and Keven, the builder, says the church has lost its musty smell. The question is, is this because I left the manholes (in the floor) open for six months so the airflow improved, or is it because it has been unseasonally dry here in Franklin? This begs the next question: Is this because of global warming or just a dry winter and spring?

Last thing, on this first day of Keven's work on the building, he tells me there is a pool of water just sitting there under the floor of the Church between the piers. I must crawl under and see for myself soon.....what to be done?? Move the Church across the road I suggested helpfully.....

Regardless, the floors are better ventilated now than they have ever been, and as I blog, we are also building better drainage on the southern wall to keep water flowing away from the walls of the Church. Out Damp Spot! get thee gone saturation!

Dr.Z.

No comments: